maanantai 21. kesäkuuta 2010

In Finland we also make music

Ich habe mit euch einige Mal gesprochen über Finnisches Musik und jetzt hier einige Beispiele :) Enjoy!

Starting with HIM. This band with the lead singer Ville Valo you should be able to recognize although they have been a bit quiet recently.



Here is for you Lauri Ylönen and his band The Rasmus. This band is a bit special to me, giving me big memories from my first years in the university.



Getting to a band that personally I don't loooove, but they say they are huge in Germany. So, are they?? Note the very Finnish pronounciation :D (sorry, Samu)



Then my best friend's all time favourite band, ladies and gentlemen: Nightwish. (ooh, shivers, they ARE brilliant!)



Continuing still in the same genre, here come the men of Stratovarius rocking it for you.



*sigh* ok, this one I just could not leave out, because do we Finns want it or not, here is a song everybody was making their best B-boy and flygirl moves "a couple" of years ago. Would have loved to post the cute video as well, but it wasn't available.



Ok, who's still with me?

I'd like to end this post with a couple of my favourites. Don Johnson Big Band (along with their lead singer) has been LOOOVE from the first sight to me. I thing our journey started in Ilosaarirock-festival in 2003 :) Here a song that comes with a feel good quarantee. The lady in the backing vocals is a truly amazing singer, Emma Salokoski.



And a newer favourite, Jenni Vartiainen and here her song "En haluu kuolla tänä yönä", Finnish for "I don't wanna die tonight".




And now, all my friends, feel free to add as a comment all the amaaaazing Finnish bands that I didn't think of :)

Cansei de ser Sexy says it the best:

"From all the shit the one I got to buy is music
From all the jobs the one I choose is music
From all the drinks, I get drunk off music
From all the bitches the one I want to be is music

Music is my boyfriend
Music is my girlfriend
Music is my dead end
Music is my imaginary friend
Music is my brother
Music is my great-grand-daughter
Music is my sister
Music is my favorite mistress"

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti